Can ANAs cause severe joints pain?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Question
I had a positive ANA blood test a few years ago. The doctor spoke about lupus and then quit the practice. I hadn’t put too much thought into it until recently. Pains in my joints is unbelievable at times and the all out feeling “lazy” just needs to go away. I recently got new blood tests by a new doctor. She ordered Ana and quite a few more tears and I’m not seeing it in my results just yet. However I’m looking at the results I have so far and not understanding Doc is out until end of January and I just really don’t want to wait that long!
Mon, 4 Jun 2018 in Back Pain

Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 32 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Details below.

Detailed Answer:
The antibodies that target “normal” proteins within the nucleus of a cell are called antinuclear antibodies (ANA). Most of us have autoantibodies, but typically in small amounts. The presence of large amount of autoantibodies or ANAs can indicate an autoimmune disease. ANAs could signal the body to begin attacking itself which can lead to autoimmune diseases, including lupus, scleroderma, Sjögren’s syndrome, polymyositis/dermatomyositis, mixed connective tissue disease, drug-induced lupus, and autoimmune hepatitis.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Regards.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Praveen-Tayal