Can Morphine Sulfate be taken in place of Oxycodone?
Yes , you can
Dear sir,I understand your concerns but the fentanyl patch takes at least 24 hours up to a few days to start working. your father will need the fast acting narcotics as oxycodone, morphine until the patch starts working and during the adjustement of the fentanyl patch dose. as after the patch starts working it might need to increase the dose to get the desired effect. .yes you can give him morphine 30 mg instead of oxycodone. as for which is better, the responsiveness of patients differ to different narcotics but morphine is essentially stronger in action while oxycodone and hydrocodone are similar to each other. however, using different narcotics together may increase the side effects. this means that you need to monitor your father for respiratory depression , confusion and dizziness. oxycodone also causes constipation. I hope I answered your question.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes blood in stool while on Ibuprofen and Tylenol?
- Does Benzonatate interact with Trazodone?
- Suggest treatment for diarrhea, severe chills and fever
- What causes a lump in the armpit and fever?
- Suggest treatment for mucus in nasal passage
- Suggest treatment for throat pain and difficulty in swallowing
- Is chronic fatigue a symptom of Lyme's disease?
- Can Azithromycin cause painful lumps in the breasts?
- Suggest treatment for enlarged lymph nodes in the armpit and fatigue
- What causes severe vomiting and foul urine odor?