Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
187 Doctors are Online

CT scan showed enlarged spleen. Having low HB levels. What treatment should be done?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 1985
Answered : 140 Questions
Hi there,

During the CT scan , i found that my wife has ENLARGED SPLEEN problem .

the reason for the CT (computerized Tomography) scan of the abdomen is Low HB level at 6..
the size of the spleen that is measured as three times of its normal size..

I know low HB level can cause serious complication in future pregnancy..could you please advice regarding the treatment options?

Posted Wed, 29 Aug 2012 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Dinesh Kumar Singal 24 hours later

Thanks for contacting Healthcare Magic.

Splenomegaly and low haemoglobin can be due to liver disease or a haematological (blood related) disorder.

Your wife needs a through clinical examination, various blood tests, endoscopy and probably a good physician to plan for a further evaluation.

Best wishes,

Dr Dinesh Singal
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics
,   ,  

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Gastroenterologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor