Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
186 Doctors are Online

CAT scan showed two clots in right lung. Had spontaneous pneumothorax and wall of chest and lung scrub on both sides

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2006
Answered : 554 Questions
i need pulmonary lung specialist/from kure beach .wilmington n.c. cannot understand cat csan or mri with contrast,found 2 clots right lung. july 1 2013 .have had spontaneous pneumothoras had lung surgery in ga. before moving here.take warfain but cannot get it right.major lung disease since early twentys/now 50 woman .new hanover regional doent understand nor can read all test.blood is back to o.3 ,stiil to thin hurting in back.have had spontaneous pneumothorax and wall of chest and lung scrub on both sidest o make shield so wouldnt collapse.blood clots new problem ,went back to dr todaysomething going on with cell countpraying for any help or answers as to what to do XXXXXXX king XXXXXXX 0000 1369 we own our on buiness on praying for the best
Posted Tue, 22 Oct 2013 in Lung and Chest disorders
Answered by Dr. Satyadeo Choubey 21 hours later
Brief Answer:
Please mail your reports

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for your query.
What I understood is that you have got a pulmonary embolism and you had spontaneous pneumothorax for which pleurodesis (scrubbing to collapse the lung cavity) was done.
Will you please let me know:
1) when was MRI done and since when you are on warfarin and at what dose.
2) what is your current problem.
3) will you please scan and mail me all your reports.

Waiting for your reply....

Dr Satyadeo Choubey
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: CAT scan showed two clots in right lung. Had spontaneous pneumothorax and wall of chest and lung scrub on both sides 1 hour later
since 7/2/13 had 3 or 4 mri did,last one wed.10/02/13 .they cant tell scar tissue from clots ,said cant figure them out.since 7/2/13 been on lovenox shots in stomach and 6 mg warfain,has changed every week warfain,6 mg,5mg,3mg,4mg,now say 10 mg day.still having pain in back of chest,cant lay flat/yesterday dr said blood was o.3 and said start taking 10 mg warfin,also prescribed antibiotics 875 mg,and inhaler/and said i needed lung specialist but i should consider duke university for help,already been new hanover regional wilmington,n.c./had congested heart failurein 2004 /heart excellent now
Answered by Dr. Satyadeo Choubey 11 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Contact lung specialist/ heart specialist soon

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for followup.
You must go for CT Pulmonary angiography to see for new onset clots. At the same seeing the background history of congestive heart failure, you must go for a thorough cardiac examination including elctro/echocardiography, to see whether you are in heart failure or suffering symptom of angina or not. If your blood pressure is normal, may take diuretics for relief.
It will be better to consult a lung specialist as soon as possible.....

Best wishes
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Procedures

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Pulmonologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor