Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
144 Doctors are Online

C-section done. Having abdominal and back pain. Found fluid and blood in uterus. Any cure?

Mar 2016
User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2011
Answered : 4047 Questions
Please explain the results of the ultrasound . Does the blood and fluid relate to my period and if not what impact does this have on my health and what steps can I take to resolve
Posted Sat, 30 Mar 2013 in Cervical and Ovarian Cancer
Answered by Dr. S Patra 2 hours later

Thanks for writing to us. I am trying to solve your problem.

First of all, following C-section, mild lower abdominal or low back pain may persist for first 3 months. UTI) is another factor for causing the same and it is currently under treated. Here, you need to take plenty of water/ fluid and maintain genital hygiene properly.

According to recent ultrasound report, fluid and blood products within the uterine cavity or endometrium reveals several things like presence of retained bits of conception/ placental tissue, old blood clots/ endometrial tissue, endometritis (an inflammatory condition), abnormal uterine bleeding following delivery etc.

Thickness or measurement of endometrium (0.5 cm) is within normal range.

Both ovaries are within normal size but right one is slight bulky than left one. Presence of adnexal mass may indicate ovarian cyst or tubo-ovarian mass or any other benign condition (most cases). Free fluid in cul de sac is mostly seen in pelvic inflammatory disease (PID).

PID and adnexal mass are the additional causative factors for lower abdominal pain.

If you are on breast feeding following delivery of the baby, then usually you do not get your period for the first 6 months and in such cases, intrauterine fluid & blood products may not relate with your period.

Otherwise, above mentioned possible causative factors are needed to narrow by some other investigation like one Trans Vaginal Sonography (TVS scan) for much elaboration & detailed picture, histopathological study of the endometrial tissue following Dilatation & Curettage (D & C) procedure etc.

Complete treatment depends on pin point diagnosis. Proper antibiotic therapy and anti spasmodic medication may get relief from UTI or PID like condition. In addition, you may need to take hormonal medication (progesterone only). D & C procedure is needed in case of any retained bits/ clotted element.

Here, I suggest you to consult with your gynecologist for proper guidance through relevant investigation after physical & pelvic examination. Take suggestive measures accordingly.

In the mean time, you must do these things:

1) Take healthy diet with vitamin & iron supplements.
2) Eat more XXXXXXX vegetables and fresh fruits.
3) Try to avoid stress by regular yoga/ XXXXXXX breathing exercise.
4) Drink more water/ fluid and keep bowel habit regular.
5) Maintain personal hygiene and take a sound sleep.

Hope I have answered your query. If you have any further questions I will be happy to help.

For any future query, you can directly consult with me by visiting my profile on WWW.WWWW.WW and press the button "ask me a question".

Wish your good health and take care yourself.

Dr Soumen
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: C-section done. Having abdominal and back pain. Found fluid and blood in uterus. Any cure? 14 hours later
Thank you dr.your advice is always appreciated, recently , I realized i am finding it hard to urinate and even pass stool when I go to the toilet would the current antibiotics help with this
Answered by Dr. S Patra 56 minutes later

Thanks for follow up query. I am happy to help you.

First of all, you must follow suggestive measures that I have mentioned in earlier reply for healthy life style. Those tips give you more comfort.

Second thing, GLEVO is a broad spectrum antibiotic and contains levofloxacin as ingredient. It is very much effective in treating UTI). You can take urine alkaliser additionally as supportive treatment. Taking cranberry juice is also helpful to treat the same.

In case of irregular bowel habit or constipation, you may take some laxative or isphagula husk at bed time. Drinking more water/ fluid and eating XXXXXXX vegetables are quite helpful to keep bowel habit regular.

Hope, I have clarified everything that you have asked. If you do not have any query, you can close the discussion and rate the answer.

Be well and stay healthy. Keep good faith in yourself and hope for positive thing.

Dr Soumen
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Oncologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor