Butterfly sensation in bladder area. No pain or burning sensation. Any relief?

Dr. G.Srinivasan

Urologist

Posted on Wed, 9 Jan 2013 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Question: I have a really odd, annoying butterfly sensation coming from the bladder area. It keeps me awake. No burning or any other pain. I am more aware of it after I have emptied my bladder. It has been getting more intense over the last two months, I first became are of it about 3 months ago. Now if I get up during the night to go to the loo, I cannot get back to sleep, because of this sensation.
Answered by Dr. G.Srinivasan 1 hour later

Welcome to XXXXXXX and thanks for your query.
These symptoms do not point to any particular problem.
So it is better to get examined and rule out illness like stone or infection or tumour in the bladder by urine tests and ultrasound.
Kindly consult your physician for further action.
Best Regards
DR GS