question-icon

Burping rotten egg smell and taste and severe diarrhea comes

Posted on Mon, 25 Feb 2019
Question: Burping rotten egg smell and taste and severe diarrhea comes goes away and returns in couple weeks have been having trouble for three months
Answered by Dr. Olgeta Xhufka (2 hours later)
Brief Answer:
Irritable bowel syndrome possible.

Detailed Answer:
Hello dear, welcome Ask a doctor's service.
I read your query and here is my advice.

The rotten egg smell together with diarrhoea are typical signs of irritable bowel syndrome.
It is an inflammation of large intestine that causes excess gas, inflammation, bloating, abdominal pain and diarrhoea. Initially can be managed by lifestyle remedies, diet and relieving stress.
You can try to use some natural remedies to reduce inflammation and also eleminate this bad smell.
You can try to use herbal supplement such turmeric, cumin, fennel, ginger, mint, green tea etc.
You can use this herbs in tea or with food.

Hope I have answered the question.
Let me know if I can assist you further.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T
Dr. Olgeta Xhufka