Burping after taking aspirin for constriction in chest. What could be the problem?

Dr. Het Ram Bishnoi

Posted on Wed, 18 Dec 2013 in Alzheimer's
Question: Reaction to new herbal, etc. Cognizine Supplement.....this supplement is relatively new and claims that people start to lose oxygen in their cells at the age of 40. For some people, this oxygen loss is more pronounced and causes Alzheimers. This supplement is suppose to put oxygen back into the cells and be a boost to those who are predisposed to Alzheimers. For others, it is suppose to help thwart cell aging and improve alertness. My friend's parents and younger brother suffered from Alzheimer, so, he started taking Cognizine in the hopes that it will thwart any potential onset of Alzheimer. As for me, I'm 61 yrs old and my family history is free of Alzheimer. However, he gave me a bottle. After 4 days of doing as instructed, I felt an INTENSE heart or lung constriction. I say heart--or--lung because the constriction was dead center in the chest. To make a long story short, I immediately stopped taking Cognizine. Subsequently, I started taking 2 aspirin per meal in order to enjoy a regular diet that would be predominately free of muscle constriction. However, I find the heart/muscle constriction to be unnerving. It's been a week now. I don't think that I'm having a conventional heart attack as there are no other conventional ailments. I am burping more than usual, but not I'm not eating that much or gulping down food. Since I don't want to live off of aspirin, I've been forced to gravely pullback on my food intake and have been doing so since Sunday. Can you help me understand what I am looking at?
Answered by Dr. Het Ram Bishnoi 3 hours later
Brief Answer: Burping & congestion. Detailed Answer: Hello XXXXXXX Thanks for the query to H.C.M. Forum. I would come up with these possibilities for burping and congestion in the chest, these includes. 1 Hyper acidity ( gastritis ) developed by cognizine supplement .Hyperacidity develops burping and indigestion (as in your case ).Avoid greasy , spicy foods few days (if using).Also take some antacid but if symptoms are severe you may need drugs like proton pump inhibitors only for 4-5 days.Pantoprazole like drugs will provide relief in burping as well gulping of foods.If symptoms persists then consult an E N T /physician and get opinion.You can use aspirin in low dosage. 2 Constriction in chest were due to allergy to cognizine .Antihistamine will help in such cases only for 2-3 days . In my opinion you developed allergy and hyper acidity due to this cognizine . Hope this information will be helpful for you . Further any question I will reply in follow up. Good luck. Dr.HET
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T