Burning urination with abdominal discomfort and dark urine. UTI?

Dr. G.Srinivasan

Urologist

Posted on Mon, 21 Jan 2013 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Question: uti???pain/burning with urination.24 year old male. Dark cloudly urine. lower abdominal discomfort. no recent trauma to the area. all uti symptons. test strips say inconclusive or no. no medications except for mucinex dm and air born over the counter due to a recent cold. pain is worse when coughing.

one obvious episode where blood was in the urine (so I think) dark brownish orange. urine has a stronger oder than normal urine. cloudy.
Answered by Dr. G.Srinivasan 49 minutes later
Welcome to XXXXXXX and thanks for your query.
The symptoms are typical of UTI.
The next step is do urine culture test.
Pending results, antibiotics can be started.
Based on the results, antibiotics can be changed if necessary.
Till then,
1. Plenty of oral fluids like water and fruit juices.
2. Cranberry juice.
should help.
Best regards
DR GS