Burning sensation while urinating and pain in penis. How to diagnose my symptoms?

Dr. Rakhi Tayal

OBGYN

Posted on Mon, 11 Feb 2013 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Question: Hi XXXXXXX This is XXXXXXX here from india..I am 26 years of age.I am having burning senasation while urinating for the past 3 to 4 months.First I thought it's because of dehydration and increased my water intake.Now the sad part is i have started to feel pain in penis inaddition to the burning sensation..Hope I am clear..Waiting for a response
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 5 hours later
It looks like you are suffering from a urine routine and culture along with complete blood count and an ultrasound scan of the renal system including Prostate.
2. You will have to be put on antibiotics. Most commonly a Fluroquinolone like Tab Levofloxacin for 14 days followed by a repeat urine routine.
3. If the urine grows an organism the antibiotic can be changed to what that organism is sensitive to.
4. Drink plenty of water
5. Use protection during intercourse and your partner should undergo a urine routine as well.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Regards.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.

Follow up: Dr. Rakhi Tayal 7 hours later
Hi XXXXXXX

Thanks so much for the response.I do have a few concerns still

i)I am currently at my native and It would take atleast ten days for me to XXXXXXX an urologist .Is it fine If i could take Levofloxacin tablets before considering the urologist.please suggest
ii)To be XXXXXXX with you,it happens even while masturbating(I am single) that i get a burning sensation ..I do it two or three times a week.Is it related to the bladder infection as well?
iii)Does urinary infection cause any problems with the sex life in the future?
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 16 hours later
Hello.
Thanks for writing again.
1. You can take levofloxacin or Balofloxacin for a week and see if the symptoms subside. In case the burning sensation persists, then consulting your urologist is recommended.
2. The burning sensation during masturbation is also related to urinary infection.
3. This infection will not affect your future sex life if treated properly.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.
Regards.

Follow up: Dr. Rakhi Tayal 2 days later
Hi Dr,
Thanks for the response

i)What would be the dosage of levofloxacin and the other things to follow after taking that

Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 23 minutes later
The recommended adult dosage for levofloxacin for urine culture.
You can consult me again directly through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Rakhi-Tayal
Please accept my answer in case there are no further queries and recommend our services to your friends too if you have found it helpful.
I wish you the very best in whatever you do.

Warm regards