Burning Sensation In Ribs, Straining To Pass Stools, Gas. What Could Be Wrong?
Thanks for posting your query.
The mild pain near the ribs on both sides is likely to be related to a pinched nerve due to an abnormal posture. This is a self limiting problem and is likely to subside without any treatment. You can take vitamin B complex supplements for an early recovery. Avoiding the painful activities will be helpful.
The problem you are having in a bowel movement is likely to be related to gas and indigestion. Doing some lifestyle modifications and drinking plenty of fluids will help in reducing the problem.
1. Increase the amount of fluid you drink, especially water. Avoid carbonated drinks and alcoholic beverages.
2. Avoid foods that cause gas, such as beans, broccoli, cabbage, and XXXXXXX The amount of gas that different foods cause varies from person to person.
3. Avoid swallowing air. Swallowing air may increase your symptoms.
4. Eat slowly. Avoid gulping food or beverages. When you rush through meals or eat on the run, you are more likely to swallow air.
5. Chew your food thoroughly before you swallow.
6. Avoid drinking through a straw.
7. Avoid chewing gum or eating hard candy.
8. Do not smoke or use other tobacco products.
9. Keep calm. Tension and anxiety can cause you to swallow air.
Some foods to be avoided include certain fermentable short-chained carbohydrates that are degradable by intestinal bacteria yielding large amount of gases, like hydrogen or carbon dioxide, thus causing belching and bloating. Such food include
1. White bread, pasta, pastries, cookies, onions, and asparagus, leeks, garlic, chicory roots and chicory based coffee substitutes.
2. Legumes (soy, beans, chickpeas, lentils), cabbage and brussel sprouts.
3. Honey, dried fruits like prunes, figs, dates, or raisins, apples, pears, sweet cherries, peaches, agave syrup, watermelon, papaya.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Wishing you good health.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
Another thing that I forgot to mention is that 2-3 weeks ago before I noticed the problem I was drinking alot of carbonated drinks, and eating fast food almost everyday. I was sitting in my chair and playing videogames and that's when I noticed that something wasen't right.. Should I go see my Dr and get him to do a exam to pinpoint the exact problem.
U also said Abnormal Posture?? what did you mean by that? and how can I get myself to have a bowel movement? Does that have anything to do with why I can't have a bowel movement until days after I eat something or why it comes out not like a log but like a bunch of rat pellets or squirty.. I'm just really concerned.
AAAA-25 Year Old Male.
Thanks for writing again.
The pain below the ribs could be related to a muscle pull. Consulting a doctor to pinpoint the cause will be helpful.
To have a normal bowel movement, you will have to do the dietary modifications and drink plenty of fluids. It will gradually improve in 3-5 weeks. This is not worrisome and will improve.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.