Burning sensation in penis after masturbation. No ejaculation after this episode. Any treatment?

Dr. Jonas Sundarakumar

Psychiatrist

Posted on Mon, 28 Jan 2013 in Men Sexual Problems
Question: Dear Sir,
I had masturbation in the evening and afte some time of ejavcuation I got to pee with the burning sensation in penis. Again in the morning I had erection amd tried to masturbate I forud no ejacuation but I got the feeling to ejacuate. Please help.
Answered by Dr. Jonas Sundarakumar 34 minutes later
Hello and welcome to Healthcare Magic. Thanks for your query.

Your symptom of getting a feeling of ejaculation, but without having semen released out is indicative of Retrograde Ejaculation. This is a condition where, instead of the semen being propelled out through the urethra (i.e. the urinary passage), it gets propelled backwards into the urinary bladder. So, though a person experiences a feeling of ejaculating, no semen comes out. Retrograde ejaculation is seen in a vaiety of conditions like due to certain medication like anti-depressants, due to anatomical or structural abnormalities, etc.

In your case, you have also mentioned the symptom of burning sensation while passing urine. This symptom along with the retrograde ejaculation may be indicative of a urinary tract infection. Now, don't get alarmed or too worried about this since it is not a serious problem and with apprporiate medication these symptoms should subside. I would suggest the following:

- See a local doctor to get a urine test done. If it shows infection, then you will need a course of antibiotics.
- Drink plenty of water and other fluids.
- Refrain from masturbation for a few days.
- If you have the habit of smoking or taking alcohol or any other drugs, please stop them.

Wish you all the best.

Dr. Jonas Sundarakumar
Consultant Psychiatrist & Sexologist