Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
197 Doctors are Online

Burning pain during urination, pimples in vagina, swollen glands on the upper part of pelvis, headache, weakness

Sep 2012
User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2008
Answered : 1416 Questions
Hi!.... I am 24 years old and I have a terrible burning and pain when I go to pee, apart of that I have bumps (not like pimples just bumps that are painful outside my vagina) and to swollen glands on the upper part of my pelvis next to my groin that are painful and growing everyday. All of this began after I had sex with my partner and he "fingered" me and his hands where full with a cream that was artesanal. I had muscular weakness and headache for 2-3 days. At the same time the bumps that begun on the upper part of the vagina (up the lips) began to appear closer to it and they multiply. I also have one of the external lips of it more swollen and enlarge than the other one and it looks like if it was a part of skin that was not supposed to be there. I initiated a treatment, (2 days ago today is the 3rd one) after a suggestion from one of my friend that is a doctor with miconazol vaginal and using garlic, and drinking a lot of water. At the beginning the pain decreased when I went to pee but the bumps no, and now it is the contrary. I am desperate.!!! I never had anything like this before apart of a minor infection 1 year ago.
Posted Thu, 4 Apr 2013 in Vaginal and Uterus Health
Answered by Dr. Das Arindam 32 minutes later

Thank you for posting a query.

Look, your description indicates that you are suffering from dual infection. One of that is in urinary tract and other is in genital tract that means in the vagina and cervix.

The urinary tract infection is possibly a bacterial infection. But the genital infection may be of viral or fungal. The enlarged lymph nodes in your groin indicates very high chance of sexually transmitted diseases. You have told, that you and your partner used cream, but that cream may be not the cause. The disease may be transmitted from your partner.

Now, in this condition, you need urgent clinical examination of the bumps for a definite diagnosis.

Besides, you have to do routine urine examination. After that you have to follow up with your treating doctor. But you have to start a broad spectrum antibiotic like ciprofloxacin group of drug to control the infection. For the pain you have to take a non-steroidal anti-inflammatory agent like paracetamol or aceclofenac group of drug.

Your partner has to use condoms during sexual activities till you do not get well. Take your partner also to the doctor for clinical examination.

So, consult with your family physician or general physician first. You can also contact the STD department of nearby Hospital. Do not neglect it.

Hope this information suffices. Let me know, if you have any more questions.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Burning pain during urination, pimples in vagina, swollen glands on the upper part of pelvis, headache, weakness 4 minutes later
But is it possible to be an STD if we used condom all the time??... I thought that might be a severe yeast infection... Can be a possibility?... Thanks for the answer I will go soon to a hospital!
Answered by Dr. Das Arindam 27 minutes later

Thank you for writing back.

Look, if you have used condom all the time, then the chance of STD is low. But, if you have done any oral sex or even foreplay then there is very high chance of getting this type of infections.

A severe yeast infection may be a possibility but that generally does not lead to Yes, you should go to a hospital soon.

Hope, you have the answers.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an OBGYN

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor