Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
193 Doctors are Online

Burning in right breast upper arm and burning in upper blade shoulder area. Suggest the cure?

Jul 2013
User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement
Practicing since : 1996
Answered : 2148 Questions
Burning In right breast upper arm and burning in upper blade shoulder area for about 1 week but increasing with each day 59 years old women
Posted Fri, 6 Sep 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. K. Naga Ravi Prasad 58 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Could be due to nerve irritation.

Detailed Answer:
Hi, thanks for writing to XXXXXXX

Your symptom of burning sensation in the described areas could be due to a nerve irritation possibly in the upper cervical spine region between C3 & C4 regions. This nerve irritation may generally happen due to a protruded intervertebral disc causing compression over the passing nerve root at that level.

An MRI scan of the cervical spine is needed in establishing the diagnosis.

Neurotropic drugs like Pregabalin or methylcobalamine will be helpful in alleviating your symptoms.

A detailed clinical examination is also necessary to arrive at a possible diagnosis.

So, I suggest you to approach your family physician for a detailed evaluation to rule out other causes.

Hope I have justified your query. I welcome any more clarifications.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Burning in right breast upper arm and burning in upper blade shoulder area. Suggest the cure? 8 minutes later
Do I need a prescrition from physican or is this something over counter. No lumps or swelling just burning
Answered by Dr. K. Naga Ravi Prasad 5 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Need to have a doctor's prescription.

Detailed Answer:
Hi, If you are residing in India you can get them over the counter but not abroad.

Burning sensation is a typical symptom of neurological disturbance without any lumps or swelling.

Good day
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Doctor Now

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor