Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
182 Doctors are Online
Ask a Urologist   »  

Bumps on the bottom half of the foreskin on penis. Cause?

Apr 2013
User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General Surgeon
Practicing since : 2008
Answered : 9349 Questions
I have 4 bumps on the bottom half of the foreskin of my penis
Posted Sat, 15 Jun 2013 in Penis Problems
Answered by Dr. Ivan R. Rommstein 41 minutes later
Hi and welcome to XXXXXXX Thank you for your query.

This looks like foreskin infection( but nothing serious as there is no swelling, spreading redness or pus discharge) and this most commonly caused by STD so if you had unprotected sexual intercourse in last 1 months you should do STD testing(urethral swab) and if positive you should take certain antibiotics for 10 days.
If there was no sexual intercourse then irritation or allergy reaction should be considered and in this case ask your pharmacist for some mild corticosteroid cream or nystatin cream.
In rare cases some viruses such as herpes or HPV can cause this but I don’t think this is likely to be in your case.

Wish you good health.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Bumps on the bottom half of the foreskin on penis. Cause? 1 hour later
Well I also have taken baths sparingly over the last 3 weeks, if that means anything...and I hadn't had unprotected sex in the last month..
Answered by Dr. Ivan R. Rommstein 1 hour later
There is a possibility of infection transmission through other sources like water and also it could be contact allergy. It should heal spontaneously in short time, just dont scratch this and avoid sexual intercourse till it heals. You should take mild corticosteroid cream if these bumps persist more than 5 days because then it can suggest more serious inflammation.

If you notice swelling, pus discharge, pain while urinating or pain in scrotum you should visit urologist. If not, just keep area clan and dry,avoid synthetic clothes which provoke sweating and I am sure it will be fine.

WIsh you good health.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Bumps on the bottom half of the foreskin on penis. Cause? 1 hour later
I uploaded another photo just in case you might not have seen it, and the bumps that were red only broke because of Masturbation when I actually noticed them, and they weren't there until my shower two days ago..
As well as yellow gel coming out of my belly button, are these related?
Answered by Dr. Ivan R. Rommstein 11 hours later
Yes. It is definitely infectious skin change and as I see now this looks like something called moluscum contagiousm or less possibly some other viral infection(HPV,HSV).
This virus may also be spread by touching a surface with the virus on it, such as a towel, clothing, or toys, by sexual contact, by sharing swimming pools, baths, saunas, or other wet and warm environments.

To confirm the diagnosis you should do smear of there lesions and send it to microbiological analysis(your GP probably can do it).

Try not to scratch it or scrap because you might cause a more serious bacterial infection or you might spread the bumps to another part of your body or to another person.

Molluscum bumps usually will disappear without treatment in 6 to 12 months with no scars leaving, but with treatment it can be easily cured quickly. There are few possible treatment methods such as special cerams or cryotherapy,lasers or currettage so ask your GP which one is available in your place.

This belly button issue shoudnt be related to it. This is probably bacterial or yeast infection and some hydrogen peroxide or nistatine cream should be applied if this persists. It is very important to keep belly button dry and avoid hot environment.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Urologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor