Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
175 Doctors are Online

Bumps on right side of vagina and leg, itching, burning, filled with clear pus. What to do ?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Pediatrician, Infectious Diseases
Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 1528 Questions
I have bumps on my right side of my vagina and leg.
It has been 3 days and still itching,burning,and clear puss.
Should I go to the emergency room to night. I also lost weight so there is a lot of skin i hope you can see the bumps.
Posted Fri, 13 Jul 2012 in Skin Rash
Answered by Dr. Hema Yadav 2 hours later
Thanks for posting your query.
Considering the details you have provided , yes it's most probably an infection causing the bumps , redness ,and resultant itching burning etc .
Though it appears most likely to be a fungal infection sometimes viral or bacterial infections can coexist and hence can worsen the symptoms.
The next best step is definitely to consult a doctor / dermatologist as soon as feasible.
The doctor may after thorough clinical evaluation confirm the diagnosis and start appropriate topical and oral medications .
Though it's not a life threatening emergency situation since its already been three days and the symptoms seem worsening rather than resolving you may go to the emergency facility tonight or the next morning .
Even a routine early appointment in the day time tomorrow will do , provided the symptoms are not worsening and are tolerable.
Meanwhile you should avoid scratching the region as much as possible .
You should maintain adequate hygiene and keep the region clean and dry.
Oral antihistamines like cetrizine , chlorpheniramine etc can decrease the itching and burning temporarily .
Local calamine lotion may provide soothing temporarily but specific treatment by the doctor is a must for cure.
Hope I have answered your query.
I'll be available for any follow up queries.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Dermatologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor