Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
170 Doctors are Online

Bump on underside of breast, black dot in the middle, painful to touch

User rating for this question
Answered by
Practicing since : 2001
Answered : 12668 Questions
My wife has a bump on the underside of her breast. It has a black dot in the middle of it that seems to look like it will pop out if we press it hard enough. It is also very painful to the touch.
Posted Thu, 27 Sep 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 47 minutes later
Thanks for posting your query.
The small bump on the underside of the breast is likely to be due to an infected and blocked gland or folliculitis.
I would suggest you to not to pop it as this can lead to an infection. Keep the area clean. She can apply over the counter antiseptics for a couple of days after bath, to see if the lesion gets any better.
If the bump grows in size with redness and tenderness then it is indicative of infection in which case a systemic antibiotic may be needed.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Wishing you good health.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Dermatologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor