Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
181 Doctors are Online

Bump on the penis, excessive urination. Causes?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 1391 Questions
i am a 42 year old male having a problem with a bump5 days ago I found a bump on the shaft of my private member no marks or anything just feels like a knot doesn't feel like its attached to anything just below the skin but not in the muscle and when was the last time I did anything sexual better then six months ohhh but I have been peeing alot
Posted Mon, 18 Jun 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Sudarshan 3 hours later

The bumps you are describing can be sebaceous cyst, venous enlargement,lymphatic swelling.

As it is asymptomatic it is unlikely to be serious illness.

Also I would like to know
a)Is the overlying skin normal?
b)Do you have similar swelling anywhere else on the body?
c)Is the swelling of constant size? does it increase or decrease anytime?

Just answer the above questions and it will be of great help in predicting the condition.

If you can upload photos of the bump (close up and lateral view) it would be of great help in predicting the condition.You can upload images by using feature on right hand side of this page.

As the swelling is asymptomatic there is nothing to be done about it at this point of time.Just a careful observation of the bump for 4-6 weeks is recommended.

Awaiting your reply

Dr Sudarshan
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Bump on the penis, excessive urination. Causes? 17 hours later
overlaying skin is normal it has no color when taking a hot hot shower sometimes I can't find it been the same since I found it
is their any special doctor I should see for this type of problem
Answered by Dr. Sudarshan 7 hours later
Hi again,

Thanks for the details.

According to the description given by you it appears that you have venous or lymphatic cyst.

As the swelling is asymptomatic it is not recommended to go for treatment.

A careful observation for few months is all that is required.
If treatment is sought it is always surgical .No medical treatment is effective in such cases.

Hope this helps you.
If you need any further clarification I will be available for follow up.

Dr Sudarshan
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Bump on the penis, excessive urination. Causes? 2 days later
hey last question were do you practice what state? if its near me I may try to come see you
Answered by Dr. Sudarshan 1 hour later
Hi again,

please consult your nearest physician or general surgeon.

As I practice in india so it is not possible to examine you.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Dermatologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor