Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
132 Doctors are Online
Ask a Urologist   »  

Bump on penis, flaking skin, taking Minocycline for acne. Does this sound like genital warts?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 1978
Answered : 6714 Questions
I have a 1 bump on my foreskin near the tip, and 2 small bumps next to it. Large bump looks like a pimple and changes from white to flesh colored. The other two small bumps look like small projections, almost like flaking skin but they are connected to the skin. I would say the large bump is the size of the tip of a ball point pen. I have had them since October and they came at the same time as a yeast infection. I take minocycline for acne, and my primary care doc said that long term use of anti-biotics can cause yeast/fugal infections. I was given nystatin cream and the yeast infection went away and so did the bumps. By mid-November. The bumps came back in December. One night I pulled the large one off and picked at the two smaller ones and they pulled off. They bled a lot, but they healed in a few hours and they did not return. Then in late January they came back and I have had them ever since. I'm not sure what they are. I have searched the internet for information, and the only thing I can see sounds like what I have is genital warts, but none of the pictures I looked at of genital warts look anything like what I have. And the time frame of my sexual activity and the corresponding bumps doesn't really make sense. Can you help?
Posted Thu, 26 Apr 2012 in Penis Problems
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 1 hour later
Thanks for posting this query
I have read your problem and seen the photograph
The bump could be a pimple or ingrown hair
Some times painless bumps may be indication of sexual transmitted disease
Although your bump appears harmless but still it is better to get examined and investigated by the doctor as you are giving the history of sexual activity in past.
I hope to have answered your query and if you wish to ask more,you are welcome
Thanks and good luck.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Urologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor