Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
192 Doctors are Online

Bump on penis, burning sensation upon touching. What is going on?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2007
Answered : 1337 Questions
i have a small bump not on the penis or testicles but on the skin towards the bottom of the penis, also the left side of my lower back/side feel weird when i touch the skin, not really pain, almost like a burn sensation and its not on the other side of my body, just that one spot, whats going oN?
Posted Mon, 23 Apr 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Mohammed Tauseef 17 minutes later

Thank you for the Query.

I would like to know few more things which would help me in suggesting you better:

1.) Do you have a swelling or redness around it?
2.) Do you have burning sensation while passing urine?
3.) Have you had a Unprotected sexual encounter with a stranger?
4.) Since how long do you have this problem?

Your History suggests you have a Sebaceous cyst which form when the hair follicles bet blocked and infected. Then they start releasing cheesy material or pus.

Kindly get yourself examined by a Dermatologist so that he/she may examine you and rule out other causes, so that proper treatment could be initiated without any delay.

Once confirmed the treatment involves, steroid injections, Incision and drainage, antiseptic creams.

Follow these lifestyle modifications:

1.) To prevent scarring and infection, don't try to squeeze cysts yourself.
2.) Keep your genital area dry and clean after using bathroom and bathing.
3.) Eat healthy nutritious balanced diet which should include fresh fruits and XXXXXXX leafy vegetables.

Hope I have answered your Query, I will be available to answer your follow up Queries.

Wish you Good Health.

Take Care.

Dr. Mohammed Tauseef.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Dermatologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor