Bump appeared on lip. No relief by using carmex lip balm. Tested negative for herpes. Prognosis?
Thank you for your query.
There is absolutely no reason to worry.
This is not Herpes at all.
There is no chance of having herpes at the age of 8 that was transmitted at the time of your pregnancy.
The tests have even come out negative.
I could have assured you better if you had sent a photograph of the lesion along with your query.
There is no need to test him again.
If the lesion is itchy it might be an allergic lesion or a mucus cyst.
Ask him not to lick the area.Give him a mild antiallergic syrup/tablet and apply an emollient gel over the lesion.
Consult a dermatologist if the lesion increases.
Kindly do not worry.He will get well soon.
If you have any further queries you are free to consult me.
Hope this answers your query.
Wishing your child a speedy recovery.
Have a nice day.
Again thank you for replying so quick.
Have a great day.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Had teeth implants. Why have I started biting my tongue?
- Noticed red fingernails in a newborn. Should I be worried?
- Low hemoglobin after bypass operation. Colonoscopy and endoscopy done....
- Movable lump under eyebrow. Is it hemangioma or dermal cysts?
- Sore swollen itchy ear and liquid discharge from it. What should I do?
- Pus filled lump appeared on ear lobe. What treatment should be done?
- Have strabismus in eye. Is this curable?
- Slight headache and nosebleed with dizziness. Looking for treatment
- Swallowed chicken bone. Started coughing, vomiting and have sore throat....
- Child started vomiting. Got light fever and bloodshot eyes. What is...