Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
165 Doctors are Online
Ask a Urologist   »  

Bump appeared on foreskin. Suspected for papules or fordyce spots. Worried for cancer or wart?

Jun 2013
User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by
Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 2219 Questions
I Am A Healthy 28 Year Male. I Am A Virgin. I have three small pinhead sized bumps on my foreskin. My urologist called them papules or Fordyce spots. I'm worried because one has started taking on a dark pigment. See pics. Is there anything that looks concerning? Cancer, wart etc. Due to my limited and lack of sexual history I don't think that's an option. But I am a worrier so please help me put my mind at ease. Thank you.
Posted Sat, 20 Apr 2013 in Penis Problems
Answered by Dr. Sushil Kumar Sompur 31 minutes later
Hi there ~

The spots do not seem to be concerning. I reassure you that they are not even Fordyce spots and the dark pigmentation is the process of healing as it seems like you have had a small abrasion under the mucosa. It is definitely not concerning for cancer or warts. It is great that you have a clean sexual history. Please be reassured that there is nothing concerning in your case and with time you will become better.

I hope this helps. Take care and have a lovely day!
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Urologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor