Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
168 Doctors are Online

Bump appeared on forehead. Getting constant pressure and headache. What is causing this?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Practicing since : 1994
Answered : 10337 Questions
I am concerned over an indentation that has suddenly appeared on my forehead from the center of my head at the hairline down about an inch. it's about a pinky finger wide. there is another one that is at a slight angle same length and width going towards my right eye. I have had a constant, pressure. migrain type headache for two weeks. I have also had these strange fat and muscle nueropthy type leasions that were biopsied on my left leg and right thigh in the last year. Doctor said they were of undetermined cause. I am 44, 5'4 155 pounds treated and seen for a variety of nerve related problems in the last 22 to 36 months with a disgnosis not yet given. all issues are isolated to the right side of my body. This paticular lesion/indentation appeared in a matter of 24 hours. is this a immediate concern or do I have a week or so to schedule an appointment?
Posted Wed, 5 Dec 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 24 minutes later
Thanks for posting your query.
The appearance of a sudden indentation on the forehead that is painless could be related to osteoporosis or decreased calcium levels in the body.
You can wait for a week to schedule an appointment with your orthopedician for a direct examination.
Till then start taking calcium supplements. In case there is a severe headache or the indentation increases considerably then an immediate attention is required.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Wishing you good health.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Orthopaedic Surgeon

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor