Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
146 Doctors are Online

Bulky uterus, echogenic masses, myomas, peripheral calcification. What can be the surgical procedure to remove the mass?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by
Practicing since : 1999
Answered : 158 Questions
Non gravid ,anteverted,bulky uterus 134x81x106mm.two mixed echogenic nearly isoechoic masses seen.1.anterior wall and fundus of size 45x44 mm
2.anterior wall and body size 45x45 mm.possibly representing intramural myomas.endometrial thickness measures 4 mm.peripherally placed.shows mild exopthytic extension causing contour irregularity of uterus anteriorly.
age 40,
no married life.
shows mild mass effect over endometrium.peripheral califications cyctic areas seen with in the mass.
1.whether we can remove it by downward passage or we have to operate or can we do by laproscopy.
2.ovaries are abnormal cystic lesion seen in pelvic region.only uterus has to be removed is in it n't? please advise me.i shall be grateful to you.
scan taken during the month of sep 2011.a sudden pain came on right hip and could not bear.went to doctor at night 10 p.m.suggested that it may bre due to stone formation and injections given.on the next dat the scan was taken.from the scan i came to know abot the uterus.till such time i had no seeing the scan doctor told me that the stone has been released and but there is a problem in uterus.on checking i have been advised to remove it.i wish to know whether it could be done by downward passge.because the doctor says it is very strong and hence to opeate only.another doctor told me it can be done thr'downwards.

Please advise me.
Posted Mon, 21 May 2012 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Meenakshi Titoria Sahu 8 hours later

Thank you for posting your query.

Your scan reports say that you have a uterine fibroids which are symptomatic, hence the removal/hysterectomy may be necessary. Your treating doctor will be the best person to take that decision.

The description of uterus as mentioned above suggests it can be removed by either way laproscopy/ vaginally (downward passage).

Your age is less than 45 years and your ovaries are normal so they need not be removed.

Hope this information helps you. Please revert back if you have additional concerns.

Best wishes,
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Bulky uterus, echogenic masses, myomas, peripheral calcification. What can be the surgical procedure to remove the mass? 16 hours later
thank you very much.

One of the doctors whom i have consulted for second opinion said that it is very strong and it is difficult to remove thr'vagina.

But i have confidence that i can bear it.If it is done like that ,it will be better for working women like me in future.Pleas advise whether it is risky.

I am working in a bank.
Answered by Dr. Meenakshi Titoria Sahu 8 hours later
Hi, and thanks again,

I understand your apprehension regarding abdominal laparoscopic surgery.

1. Whether hysterectomy is done vaginally or laparoscopically, recovery is good in both cases.
2. Regarding risk, every surgery has its own risk; no surgery is without risk. However in the hands of experienced and well trained professional, you should be fine and no problems post surgery - be it laparoscopic or vaginal.

You should consult with your doctor about laparoscopy/ vaginal hysterectomy, their pros, cons, risks etc. You can also read patient information leaflet from UK for these operations details. This might help you to take an informed decision.

As per my opinion, both the surgeries suit you. Do discuss with your gynecologist.

Hope this answers your query. If all your queries are answered please close this discussion. Yet, if you have any more queries, feel free to post them to me. I will be glad to assist you further.

Wish you good health and speedy recovery.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an OBGYN

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor