Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
148 Doctors are Online

Bulky ovaries found in MRI. Suggestion ?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Internal Medicine Specialist
Practicing since : 1998
Answered : 1579 Questions
my wife has bulky overies it came in MRI report done for spine. should we consult gyne or other doctor to find out more and pls suggest good doctor bangalore
Posted Mon, 7 May 2012 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Jasvinder Singh 13 minutes later

Thanks for posting your query.

Bulky ovaries is due to PCOS(polycystic ovarian syndrome), which means the ovaries have multiple fluid filled sacs or cysts. In this, a woman’s hormones are out of balance.

So ovaries develop more follicles than normal every month.Diagnostic tests are 2 hr GTT( Glucose Tolerance Testing),serum androgen and testosterone levels,LH-FSH( luteinizing hormone- Follicle-stimulating Hormone)ratio,prolactin levels,TSH( thyroid stimulating hormone) levels,17-hydroxyprogesterone levels and 3D ultrasound.

Your wife needs to have it further evaluated. She should consult a good gynecologist and then get these investigations done. You can check out the following link to see which gynecologist is close to your place:

Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries.

Wishing you good health.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an OBGYN

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor