Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
185 Doctors are Online

Bulging vein on cheek, twitching. Is there a way to reduce it?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Internal Medicine Specialist
Practicing since : 2000
Answered : 1417 Questions
Hello, I have a question regarding a bulging vein face on my's exact location is on my cheek, Horizontal to the lips, outward about 1/2 inch. It is twitching and very bothersome. I have noticed its appearance for the last few weeks but just noticed the twitching now. Is there any way to reduce the bulging whether through self treatment or more advanced medical intervention?? This is very unbecoming n a 23 r old female. Thanks so much

Posted Wed, 5 Sep 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Sudhir 1 hour later

Self treatment is not likely to help in your cases.

There are treatments for such prominent veins but they do have complications and might present with overlying skin scar or changes that might not be acceptable in the region of face. So treatments are suggested only in cases were benefits are more than the risk.

Treatments primarily include injecting sclerosis agents, ligation of vein or occluding vein through interventional methods.

So you can consider seeing a vascular surgeon, who will take in consideration severity of your symptoms. Then explain you the treatment options and also help you to decide if at all treatment would be beneficial.

Hope this answers your question. Please ask if there are doubts.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Procedures

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Dermatologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor