Bruising by eyelid and socket. Pictures uploaded with medications. Not
Eye bruising possibly by minor trauma.
Hello dear XXXXXXX
Welcome to Ask A Doctor service.
I read your query and here is my advice.
I see the photo you attached and it was a bruised eye, which could be due to damaged blood vessel under the skin causing bleeding underneath the skin.
None of the medications you are taking can cause it. Bruises may be caused by blood thinners but you are not taking any blood thinning medications at this moment.
I would suggest you do a total blood count and platelets count too because low platelet count can cause it.
Our skin becomes more fragile and thin with ageing.
There is a possibility of having a minor trauma that you can't even remember what caused it.
Hope I have answered the question.
Let me know if I can assist you further.
you may stop taking aspirin.
Hello again dear. Thank you for asking again.
There is a possibility that aspirin may be the cause.
It needs about two weeks for its effects to subside.
I think you should suspend it. Do inform your doctor about it also.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes black outs. I was standing by a door
- Hello, I've been a pack a day smoker for 42
- I received some insect (ant, chigger?) about two weeks ago.
- it seems everytime I try to swallow pork meat my
- My wife has been taken entecavir for 30 days as
- I was recently hospitalized for 6 weeks after overdosing on
- I am in major pain under my right breast/ rib
- Hey doctor, I just had a question I have been
- What could a persistent cough be from along with some
- I began weaning off 50mg of sertraline 3 weeks ago.