Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
157 Doctors are Online

Bruises on legs, arms and stomach, fever, irregular periods. Low iron in blood test. Trying for conception. Suggestions

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2000
Answered : 926 Questions
hy, i have been having health problems for a while i keep getting bruises on my body alot mainly in my legs and arms and had bruise on my stomach twice, i get leg pains and few times i had realy bad arm pain on my right arm it lasts a whole day or even two days. i have these small red spot about three of them i feel ill weak at times i have had fever twice. my bruises sometimes feel lumpy, been docs did blood test for my iron and they were just a little bit low nothingbto worry bout and did blood test for bloot clots that came out fine. i also have another problem my period are iregular at times my cycle is 28 days but some time i get my period on the third week or i will be two weeks late, i have trying to get pregnant and been trying for more than a year but been unsuccesfull. what could be the problem as i am worried.
Posted Fri, 6 Jul 2012 in Blood Disorders
Answered by Dr. Divya Kuttikrishnan 3 hours later
Hello there,

Thanks for writing in.

With the bruises, I would think of some bleeding disorder/trauma. But, you say you have been evaluated for the same and all the tests came back as normal.

Are you sure there is no history of trauma?

Have you been evaluated for thyroid disorders? If no, it is better to get a thyroid function test done, as thyroid disorders can also cause menstrual irregularities. It is also better to get an ultrasound of the pelvis, to rule out other causes. I feel it would be best if you consulted your gynaecologist.

Hope I have answered your questions. Feel free to ask me any further questions you might have.

Have a nice day.

Dr.Divya Kuttikrishnan

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Hematologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor