Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
192 Doctors are Online

Bruised bump on the chin after injury. Need X-ray?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Gastroenterologist, Surgical
Practicing since : 1984
Answered : 922 Questions
I fell down the stairs and have a bad bruise and bump on my chin. Should it be x-rayed?
Posted Sun, 22 Apr 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Ajit Naniksingh Kukreja 2 hours later

Thanks for posting the query

The details of injury are very superficial

Had I been your doctor I would go for an xray :

If there is lot of pain?
If there is an open wound down to the bone ?
If the swelling is increasing?
If there is dislocation, movement of bone from it's normal place?
If there is crepitus, feeling of air moving inside the wound when pressure is applied?

Hope all clear
If you have any further queries, do revert back
Wishing you a Speedy Recovery
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Orthopaedic Surgeon

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor