Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
197 Doctors are Online

Bruised and painful clitoris, easily irritated. How to cure it?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2001
Answered : 14870 Questions
Bruised clitoras woke up with it a month ago its still bruised not painful but easily irritated
Posted Sun, 19 May 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Michelle Gibson James 1 hour later
HI, thanks for using healthcare magic

There are a number of different causes for pain in the clitoris. These include the following: (1) infection (2) irritation caused by chemicals such as soaps, detergents, feminine products (3) rashes or infection in any other aspect of the genitalia with referred pain to the clitoris (4) very rarely cancer (5) neuropathy which is abnormal function of the nerves , this can occur in conditions such as diabetes

Diagnosis would require an evaluation by your doctor which would include history and pelvic examination, a swab may be done if there is any evidence of infection.

TReatment would vary according to the cause but may include the use of a sitz bath. This would be done twice daily for 10 to 15 minutes.
It involves sitting in tepid water with additives such as salt, epsom salt or baking soda.These are all helpful in inflammation of the vaginal area.

I hope this helps, feel free to ask any other questions
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Bruised and painful clitoris, easily irritated. How to cure it? 3 hours later
Thanks for your reply,
I do not have pain only discoleration and some minor irritation on contact with underwear. Its the very bruised looking colour that concerns me. XXXXXXX
Answered by Dr. Michelle Gibson James 28 minutes later
The bruised appearance would suggest that it is inflammation but inflammation is the body's response to an instigating agent which can be an infection, chemicals irritation or something more serious.

If possible, you may want to visit your doctor for a pelvic examination. It is more likely inflammation due to a benign cause but this needs to be confirmed

please feel free to ask any other questions
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an OBGYN

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor