Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
121 Doctors are Online

Bruise on the groin and thighs after an accident, hard lumps under the skin. How can this be treated?

User rating for this question
Answered by

Oncologist, Surgical
Practicing since : 2008
Answered : 576 Questions
I crashed my 4wheeler into my house and my groin/thigh area took the brunt of the impact. There was a lot of bad bruising (bigger than a pancake) in this area.

Now the bruising is gone and there is a hard lumpy thing under the skin near the crease between my thigh and groin and about the size of a cigarette lighter.

I'm wondering what is this lump and how can I get it to go away?
Posted Thu, 12 Jul 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Rohan Khandelwal 3 hours later

Sorry to hear about your accident and I am glad that you are seeking medical attention for your problems.

Following the accident, you must have developed a hematoma, which takes sometime to resolve. To hasten this process, you can take some anti-inflammatory medicines (like advil), which can even take care of the pain.
It can even be a small lymph node, which might have enlarged in response to the bruising and will go away in due course of time and nothing much can be done to hasten the process in that case.

It is not something you should worry about a lot but if it persists for more than a week, you should consult your doctor and get an ultrasound done.

Hope you get well soon.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Orthopaedic Surgeon

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor