Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
145 Doctors are Online

Bruise on face. Taking multi vitamins, calcium OTC. What tests should I undergo?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by
Practicing since : 1998
Answered : 1846 Questions
I have developed an unexplained bruise on my face next to my jaw. No trauma noted. I'm 58 and finished half marathon on same day. Last physical last year. Think I should get lab work and if so what kind?I take no meds. Multi vitamin and calcium OTC. Note on Internet concern for blood disorders and cancers with unexplained bruising.
Posted Sun, 28 Apr 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Y V Siva Sankara Murty 27 minutes later

Thanks for writing to health care magic.

Hemoglobin percent, Total leucocyte count, differential count, platelet count, bleeding time, clotting time, Prothrombin time prescribed by your doctor after thorough physical examination would be useful in arriving at a diagnosis.

Hope this helps.
Take care.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Dermatologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor