Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
174 Doctors are Online

Bruise on breast, right arm tingly. Cause?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General Surgeon
Practicing since : 1980
Answered : 2130 Questions
I have a bruise on my right breast very near my right armpit. The bruise seems to have a bit of fluid as well. My right arm seems mildly tingly every now and then. Have had this for about three days now. Never had anything like this ever before. Should I be worried?
Posted Mon, 16 Apr 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Rajinder Bajoria 2 hours later

Thanks for your query.     

Bruise on the left breast with a bit of fluid and mild tingling is generally due to allergy to some allergen , post mosquito , insect bite or some local infection . Generally such bruises heal itself or with local application with in day or two .As it is still persisting after after three days ,so medical evaluation should not be avoided.

Hope I have answered your query, I will be available to answer your follow up queries, Wish you Good Health and trouble free speedy recovery.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Bruise on breast, right arm tingly. Cause? 35 minutes later
Should I be worried that this bruise could be XXXXXXX to my health?

Is there any way to tell that the bruise could be the result of an infection?

Can I do something at home to help heal my bruise?
Answered by Dr. Rajinder Bajoria 4 hours later

Nice to hear from you again

Generally small bruises of short duration are not XXXXXXX to health or life.
Redness, pain, swelling, any purulent discharge indicates Infection. By keeping the area dry & clean & with application of antiseptic ointment bruise may heal. If it don`t respond medical evaluation is advised.

Hope I have answered your question well to your satisfaction.

Wish you speedy recovery.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Doctor Now

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor