Bruise appeared on thigh after scratching. Hurts to touch. Why is this happening?
I do see a cardiologist and they said no medicine is needed at this time. No fractures of the collar bone had x-rays. Not eczema in this area was noted by a dermatologist over a year ago. I am not taking any medications and am taking vitamin c and vitamin D recommended doses. The itching doesn't last long because like i said it starts to hurt than I stop and than it turns into a bruise. So, any other reasons why this might be happening?
Thanks for the query.
I went through the details submitted with diligence. I understand your concern regarding urge to scratch and the subsequent pain and bruising. This kind of reaction where skin starts to bruise and hurts after a scratch is referred to as wheal/welts. It is a normal phenomenon seen with all individual. However a small subset of people have an exaggerated response. The exaggerated response is referred to as dermographic urticaria or simply dermographism.
Your description is similar to the presentation of dermographism. If you have a picture of the lesion I may be able to confirm it. You can upload the pictures using the site's uploader feature available on this page.
Mast cell stabilizer and antihistamines are helpful in all urticarial conditions. I am sure they should help you too. I suggest you try these after discussing with your local physician/dermatologist.
In the interim topical antihistamines like claritine over the areas affected. Alcohol has been reported as useful in some websites.
I hope this has been useful. Let me know if you need clarifications.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Hard lump on thigh after bruise
- Thigh bruise
- Bruised thighs after working out
- Bruise thigh after walking
- Spotted bruise on thigh from scratching
- Bruising on thighs after laparoscopic hysterectomy
- Redness forms after bruising thigh
- Bruise thigh after cramp
- Overnight bruises appears on thighs
- Bruise appeared on thigh after scratching why is this happening
- Random body aches. Is this the symptoms of flu?
- What is the difference between functional dyspepsia and appendicitis?
- Having spondylisthesis, DDD, facet artropathy, bulging discs. Taking...
- Addicted to tobacco. Tried nicotex chewing gum. Unable to open mouth and...
- Is amitriptyline safe medicine for polymyalgia? What are the affect of...
- Recommended amino acids and proteins after workout. How much protein...
- Diabetic. Have hepatic encephalopathy. Treated with lactulose. Should I...
- Looking best medicine for urinary tract infection
- Had shoulder injury. Hurts to lift arm and having burning sensation on...
- Bruise appeared on thigh after scratching. Hurts to touch. Why is this...