Bruise and lump appeared on leg after injury. Any risk of bloodclot?
The bump is most likely a localised haematoma. The colour changes are due to change in age of clot known as changes due to resolving haematoma. It is not a risk factor for PE.
You had thrombosis and not the bleeding tendency. After trauma there must be localised bleed first for the formation of haematoma.
You need to consult your surgeon because in duration of 4 weeks haematoma must be get resolved. As it is not resolved completely you need clinical examination and investigation like ultrasonography of lesion. Treatment modalities like only bandage or tablets or drainage can be decided afterwards only.
Hope I have answered your query. If you have further concern, please let me know.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Delayed bruising after injury to leg
- Bruised tender leg injury football
- Lump thigh bruise no injury
- Suggest treatment for paiful bruise caused after leg injury
- Calf bruising after injury
- Delayed bruising after a back injury
- Bruise back after injury
- Bruising weeks after injury
- Hard lump after ankle injury bruising
- Lump after leg injury
- Is there any pathological test available to detect rabies in human?
- 5 weeks pregnant. Started bleeding. What is causing this?
- CT scan showed perianal cysts. MRI showed clear. Having pain. What does...
- Do thyroid problem affect the sexual life? Will it cause severe nervous...
- Full body check up done. What does the value suggest? Is there any problem?
- Will simvastatin cause high SGPT readings?
- Feeling heart palpitations while running. Should I be concerned?
- Have COPD. Suddenly started coughing and vomiting. What could be the...
- Feeling hot in head and neck, chest pain and shoulder pain. What is the...
- Is subsegmental atelectasis versus fibrosis serious ailment?