Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
125 Doctors are Online

Brownish skin after waxing the face. Can I use kelocote scar gel?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Pediatrician, Infectious Diseases
Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 1528 Questions
I waxed my faces this morning and the wax didn't seem that hot but when I was done I found my face to be burned in 3 places it was 3 hours ago and the skin is already brown red. I iced put cold gauze over them bought aloe,burn cream, vitamin e. ....I don't know what to do. Is there prescription burn ointment I should seek. I also have kelocote scar gel from a previous surgery but don't kno if I should wait before I start putting all this stuff on.?
Posted Wed, 25 Apr 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Hema Yadav 1 hour later
Thanks for posting your query.
Our skin has a superficial part called epidermis and deeper part called dermis.any burn limited to epidermis is more likely to heal without scaring.It wil have color changes, scab (crust)formation, peeling but over few weeks the natural skin or new layer of epidermis may grow on it.The time taken wil depend on the severity of burn, the individual, and presence or absence of secondary infection.The medical prescription for healing of burn wounds is mainly an antibiotic ointment containing silver sulphadiazine which is to prevent secondary infection and emollient creams like aloe vera to keep it moisturised .
In your case the wound is likely to be superficial and it's better to handle it minimally to allow natural may apply the above mentioned creams with your doctors advice but it won't hasten wil just prevent complications like infection.
Please do not make haste and self medicate as any over the counter product might cause skin irritation and do more harm.
For applying skin lightening products it's best to wait until the wound heals because some amount of hyperpigmentation is natural and wil decrease on its own in few months.
If still you are feeling impatient and stressed out then it is best to consult a dermatologist who can examine your wound and start the indicated treatment and relieve you of any unnecessary stress
Hope I have answered your query.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Dermatologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor