Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
182 Doctors are Online
Ask a Urologist   »  

Brown spot appeared on the shaft of penis. Can I get an opinion?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 1391 Questions
A brown spot appeared on the shaft of my penis - I'd like to send a pic and get an opinion.
Posted Wed, 4 Jul 2012 in Penis Problems
Answered by Dr. Sudarshan 3 hours later
Hi ,

Thanks for writing in .

I have gone through your photos and I feel that brown spot you are describing can be Seborrheic keratosis.However it can also be bowenoid papulosis,warts, penile lentigenes, lichen planus.

I would also like to know

a)Since when you have this spot?
b)Is it raised or flat?
c) You or your partner had viral warts any time?
d)Did it cause bleeding ever?
e)do you have similar lesions anywhere else on body?

Please answer the following to help you better.

Anticipating your response.

Dr Sudarshan
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Brown spot appeared on the shaft of penis. Can I get an opinion? 19 hours later
I have had this spot for about 6 months
It is flat - not raised
Neither of us has had viral warts
It has never bled, caused bleeding, irritation, itching, or any discomfort
I have no other similar lesions on my body
Answered by Dr. Sudarshan 6 hours later
Hi again ,

Thanks for the details provided .

After considering your pics and history it appears that the spot can be seborrheic keratosis or lentigenes.

Both are benign and age related conditions.
Nothing needs to be done in your case except watchful observation.

If the patch increases in size , causes symptoms or bleeding,becomes elevated ,pruritic then a visit to dermatologist would be needed for confirmation of diagnosis and proper treatment.

As if now , only careful observation for few months would suffice.

If you need any further clarification I would be available for followup.

Dr Sudarshan

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Urologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor