Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
131 Doctors are Online

Broke humerus bone. On soft immobilizer. Suggested Doppler ultrasound. Having swelling. Suggest

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Practicing since : 1995
Answered : 394 Questions
I broke my humerus bone on April 28th, 2013. Was in a soft immobilizer for approximately six weeks, then a sling. Ever since taking off the immobilizer and sling my arm and hand swell especially at night while sleeping. Orthopedic doctor ordered a Doppler ultrasound to rule out blood clots and it came back negative. I am now awaiting a compression sleeve to hopefully solve the problem. I go to therapy two times a week and it is difficult to do due to the swelling. What is your opinion on this?
Posted Mon, 12 Aug 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Mukesh Tiwari 56 minutes later

Welcome at XXXXXXX

I have read your question with diligence.

Will you please answer some questions so that I can help you more-

-Do you also have pain at your forearm & hand where swelling is present?

-Is there any change in sensations or feeling of cold & excessive warm feeling at affected part?

-Is there redness in forearm & hand?

Please reply.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Orthopaedic Surgeon

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor