Brittle nails, hair fall and greenish color at gum line. Is this sign of an illness?

Dr. Rahul Kumar

Dermatologist

Posted on Mon, 18 Nov 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: hello . how r u . i have problem with my nails they have yellow color or lil green and cracking in the lowwer direction ;the direction which no skin. also my middle teeth in the up of the upper teeth and the low of the lowwer teeth which near the gum there is a green color.also my hair falls so much .is it a sign of lack of vitamtins and minerals or calcium or vitamin d or folic acid or ferrus?btw i did ferrus test and its low
Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
vitamin deficiency

Detailed Answer:
Hello
You are correct lack of vitamins specially vitamin B complex and vitamin E causes causes such problem.
Also lack of iron can cause brittle nails and can induce hair fall.
I suggest you to take vitamin B complex , vitamin E and iron capsules for a month. This will give you some response.
Let me know if you have any other doubts .
Thank you.
Follow up: Dr. Rahul Kumar 8 days later
i took my result there was one in 20 6 and one in 24 9 . i dun have problem in vitamin b 12 but in ferretin and iron
Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
take iron supplement

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for the follow up.
Its good that a cause has been found.
Please take iron supplements.
You will be fine. You mentioned bluish or greenish colour at gum line. This may happen in copper or lead excess. Please get your copper and lead levels in blood examined. Let me know if you have any other doubts. Thank you
Follow up: Dr. Rahul Kumar 5 hours later
iam.trying to attach the reports but there is a problrm. can u pls send me ut link to closr this question and send u files in other one?
Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
Details below

Detailed Answer:
You have a feature to upload the reports / image by yourself at the right side of the query page, please utilize that so that I can answer your queries better. You can also send the reports/ image to YYYY@YYYY with the subject as 'ATTN: Dr. Rahul Kumar'."

If you want to ask me a seperate direct query,
You can follow the following link

WWW.WWWW.WW
Waiting for your response.
Thank you
Follow up: Dr. Rahul Kumar 19 hours later
i will send
Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
details below

Detailed Answer:
Hello Hanadi,
I saw all the reports,
There is just one value low, probably it is ferritin.
I could not see that particular image properly.
rest everything is normal.
start taking iron supplements and if possible please upload a photograph of your hand so I can see what exactly is hastening.
Thank you.
Follow up: Dr. Rahul Kumar 4 days later
yea low of ferrtin and iron. i will start to take pills of iron two times a day and i didnt give picture of my hands because i have biting nails problem lol
Brief Answer:
Details below

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for the photograph.
The nails are appearing bit pale.
Probably due to low iron levels.
And well I could not see any bitten nails :)
Dont worry take iron supplement, you will be fine.
Thank you