question-icon

Braced my arm in a fall 2 weeks ago. Still

Posted on Wed, 6 Mar 2019
Question: Braced my arm in a fall 2 weeks ago. Still have same pain strength in my elbow joint (that part of the joint inside my arm, not outside). No swelling. Feels like whiplash of the elbow. Pain and mobility affected. Pain is not subsiding after 2 weeks. Please advise.
Answered by Dr. Prasad (3 hours later)
Brief Answer:
antiinflammatory drugs..

Detailed Answer:

The duration of pain depend on severity of injury and amount of rest this limb provides. I will recommend you rest the affected limb and avoid exercise / movements of the affected elbow. You might also consider an orthopedic evaluation if it hasn't been done yet - minor (hair line) fractures should be ruled out.

As you plan an orthopedic consultation, you should take antinflammatory drug motrin twice daily after food. It will help.

Hope this helps. Let me know if you need clarifications.

Dr. Prasad