Both my tongue and throat is sore. It's very painful
It may be due to throat infection.
I can understand your concern. As per your history, it may be due to throat infection likely laryngitis or tonsillitis or epiglossitis which all conditions are associated with pain in throat and having difficulty in swallowing.
Do you have fever, cough with expectoration, cold, history of eating food or water from outside? Kindly follow up with detailed history. For that you can take tablet azithromycin 500 mg once a day for 3 days, tab. Paracetamol 500 mg trice a day and cough expectorant containing bomhexine and guanafensin after physician consultation.
Along with that do saline water or Betadine gargles. Take hygienic water and food. Keep your self hydrated for speedy recovery. Avoid hot, spicy food. Try to avoid and quit smoking as it aggregates all symptoms and throat infections. Take proper rest and balanced diet.
Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further. Thank you.
Dr Shyam Kale
Family and general physician.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes pain and alterations in the shape of the testicle?
- What causes numbness and pain in the arms and lower right back along...
- What can cause dry patches on the penis?
- What causes fever and cough along with green mucus in the throat despite...
- Can Oxybutynin be taken for bladder spasms after recovering from UTI?
- Should I be concerned about cysts at the arches of the feet?
- Is Fertyl M tablet suitable for men or women?
- What energy supplements are safe to consume with milk by an elderly person?
- What causes swelling in the cheek while on Azithromycin for sinusitis...
- What can cause severe leg cramps and cold sweats?