Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
168 Doctors are Online

Boil appeared on genital region. Started growing in size. How to cure this?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by
Practicing since : 1998
Answered : 1846 Questions
I have developed a boil very close to my genital region. it has grown in size and pains a lot Please help me out...
Posted Mon, 29 Apr 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Y V Siva Sankara Murty 13 minutes later

Thanks for writing to health care magic.

Some times boils may require incision and drainage to drain out the pus. So I request you to report to your doctor who will do a physical examination and do a incision and drainage if required. He will prescribe you antibiotics for the infection and analgesics for pain relief. There is nothing to be embarrassed and I request you to not to self treat this.

Improvement of personal hygiene, regular washing of under garments etc will prevent such boils.

Hope this helps.
Take care.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Dermatologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor