Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
159 Doctors are Online

Body detox tea, smell in urine, stools, body smell like burnt almonds. Treatment ?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by
Practicing since : 2001
Answered : 12621 Questions
i started drinking some tea(wholy tea, the total body detox) with in a few days i noticed a smell in my urine then my whole body including my poo I only drank the tea or a few days. Then I stopped its been about 6 weeks and now my whole body smells something like burnt almonds.
Posted Thu, 3 May 2012 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 40 minutes later

Thanks for writing to us.

The change in body odor as well as the same smell in all the body secretions does not seem to be due to the herbal tea which you consumed almost six weeks ago.

The smell you have mentioned - like that of burnt almonds is seen in cases of cyanide poisoning - which is not there is your case.

The most likely possibility now seems to be parosmia- Altered olfactory sensations due to chronic rhinitis or allergic rhinitis or atrophy of nasal mucosa.

You can get it examined and diagnosed at your ENT surgeon's office.

I hope my answer and recommendations are adequate and helpful. Waiting for your further follow up queries if any.

Wishing you good health.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an ENT Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor