Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
130 Doctors are Online

Body ache, cold, plugging of ears. Taken pain killers. Feeling of dizziness when ears plugged. Can the cause be detected?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Infertility Specialist
Practicing since : 2000
Answered : 3767 Questions
My body has a dull ache all over, its been like this for 3 days now. Even when I take a pain reliever the feeling never really goes away. I got over a cold last week and had been feeling fine for 4 days, but I had one symptom that didnt go away my ears keep plugging up like im on an airplane and I cant do anything to stop it. I cant hear very well now because it keeps happening. When it does that it makes me pretty dizzy; I feel like I will pass out, what is wrong with me. i have no other medical problems/history/allergies.
Posted Tue, 22 May 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 11 minutes later

Thanks for your query.

I understand your concern. I believe your have some minor viral infection.

Viral infection leads to myalgia (dull ache) during recovery phase. There will also be some degree of fever associated.

This leads to mild edema ( collectio of fluid) in some organs. There is edema in your ears. Let me reassure you that it will come down with 3 to 4 days.

I suggest you take some acetamenophen tablets after prescription from your doctor which will help you with bodyache as well as blocked ears. If you are still very much concerned you can see an ENT specialist who will examine your throat and ear for edema / congestion and treat accordingly.

I hope I answered your query. I will be available for any followup queries you have.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Doctor Now

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor