Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
133 Doctors are Online

Blurred vision, headaches, poor blood flow to brain, branch retinal vein occlusion

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2003
Answered : 336 Questions
symptoms: blurred vision, pain above right eyelid, right ear and right nostril and extremely bad headaches. have had mri, mrv and mra and spinal tap and all negative. have seen neurologist who said that blood flow was not right in brain (side of vision) and prescribed plavix which i am on now and take tylenol for headaches (which does not help); have seen hematologist and all lab results are ok and have seen retna doc who said i have brvo (branch retinal vein oclusion) in left eye. am seeing ear nose throat doc tomorrow. as of now the original reason i sought help for is still there. HELP. the pain is unbearable.
Posted Thu, 12 Apr 2012 in Vision and Eye Disorders
Answered by Dr. Deepak Anvekar 1 hour later

Presence of severe pain as described , as well as the results described, indicate that the pain could be due to obstruction of blood flow in the veins and congested veins within the cranium.

The best medications to control such a pain would be narcotic analgesics , which are better given in a emergency room and under supervision by a doctor.

In case you have such a intolerable pain, you might consider calling the emergency health authorities immediately and then getting treated at a hospital with narcotic analgesics and steps to control the cranial pressure can be under taken.

Hope I have answered your query.

I will be available to answer your follow up queries.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Blurred vision, headaches, poor blood flow to brain, branch retinal vein occlusion 3 hours later
i am seeing an ear nose throat specialist tomorrow, will he be able to pin point exactly what is going on? what is narcotic analgesics?
Answered by Dr. Deepak Anvekar 32 minutes later

Yes Your ENT doctor will conduct a complete physical examination and after reviewing your medical records will be able to diagnose the exact cause of your symptoms. This will help him decide on the proper course of action.

Narcotic analgesics are very strong pain killers that are very effective in treating very severe pain. These medications are not readily available and need a doctors prescription and supervision for proper use.

Wish you a very good health.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Lab Tests

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Ophthalmologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor