Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
191 Doctors are Online

Blunt trauma stroke, blood clotting in curative artery, moving into brain. Possible on turning head ?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Neurologist, Surgical
Practicing since : 1996
Answered : 146 Questions
Can a perfectly healthy 35 year old woman suffer a blunt trauma stroke, that is associated with severe blood clotting in the curative artery, followed by a blood clot going to her brain, merely by cocking and/or turning her head to pop her neck, or would it more than likely take more force to cause that?
Posted Fri, 13 Apr 2012 in Stroke
Answered by Dr. Praveen K Nath 13 hours later

Thanks for your query.

Your daughter appears to have suffered a stroke like situation after a head trauma.
it is a rare thing in itself but can happen secondary to dissection of large vessels supplying the brain ( carotids / vertebrals ) or can happen due to direct blunt insult to neck vessels .
in acute stage treatment is mainly to save life first .and /or a Intraarterial digital subtraction angiography to rule out a dissection .

continue physiotherapy & medications for your daughter

wishing u a speedy recovery
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Lab Tests
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Neurologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor