Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
136 Doctors are Online

Blood work shows high triglycerides, taking Trichlor. What else should be done?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 1978
Answered : 6714 Questions
My husband had bloodwork - everything looks good exept triglyceride ?
Dr said that it is really way too high!
Should be below 200.... Mine is 454
Starting me on med called Trichlor. What else should I do?
Posted Tue, 4 Jun 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 1 hour later
Thanks for the query.
Triglycerides are a type of fat and excess of this results in hardening of arteries called as atherosclerosis which can cause various heart disorders and stokes.
The most important causes of high triglycerides in blood are..
Presence of diabetes
Presence of hypothyroidism
Consumption of alcohol
Drugs like Beta blockers,diuretics,steroids etc

Treatment involves...
Controlling your sugar and thyroid levels,if present
Quitting smoking
Quitting alcohol
Regular aerobic exercises for 45 minutes a day.
Reduction of weight.
Moderating your fats and carbohydrate intake.

TRICOR is a fabric acid derivative used to bring down the levels of triglycerides in blood by reducing its production in liver and helping in elimination from body.
Along with regular medication,your husband must change his lifestyle by eating healthy and doing regular exercises.
There is nothing to worry as everything shall become all right gradually.
I hope it helps however you may revert to me for any further query.
Best of luck
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Doctor Now

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor