Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
120 Doctors are Online

Blood work shows elevated triglycerides, advised Trichlor. History of leaky heart. Cause of worry?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 1981
Answered : 922 Questions
Husband had blood work dr office said:
everything looks good except triglyceride
Should be below 200
His is 454
Starting him on med called Trichlor.
His weight is 280 height 5' 11"
He has been diagnosed about 10-15 years ago with a leaky heart. (That's not the medical term but I can't remember the actual term )
Should he be concerned?
Should he be doing anything else?
Posted Tue, 4 Jun 2013 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Anil Grover 45 minutes later
welcome to health care magic. As your husband 48 yrs with weight of 280lbs, which is definitely higher than what he should be for his hight that is around 155 - 189 lbs.
and his triglyceride levels are also significantly high , which requires medical treatment with drugs like finofibrate which was already started by your doctor.

So along with medicines he should control diet, and needs regular exercise .

And taking consideration of his age and lipid profile and previous heart disease he should need complete cardiac check up.
And lastly you mentioned that he has leaky heart , which means either valvular regurgitation or ventricular dysfunction which needs further clarification , if it so he needs regular check up and echocardiogram to assess the severity. The echocardiography findings are revealed, that will help me further in giving you proper advice. Looking forward to hear from you. Good Luck.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Cardiologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor