Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
170 Doctors are Online

Blood test showed elevated SGOT and LDH level. Any suggestion?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 1999
Answered : 711 Questions
my 18 yr old son in a routne blood test result showed a SGOT level 118 and a LDH of 325,can you suggest reasons and a correction procedure
Posted Tue, 14 May 2013 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Samik Basu 25 minutes later
Thank you for your query.
SGOT levels are a little raised and kindly mention the upper levels of LDH at your lab. LDH levels increase when RBC break down more than usual .It occurs in hemolytic jaundice of any kind.
You have to mention the reason for which these tests were done and the clinical condition of the child for a better answer.Please give details of any other tests done along with this.
Hope this answers your query.
If you have any other queries kindly direct them to me.
Wishing a speedy recovery.
Have a nice day.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Blood test showed elevated SGOT and LDH level. Any suggestion? 13 minutes later
the tests were recommended by a dermatolgist for medication viz SOTRET & MINOZ OD being administered for acne controll
the subject is 6 kgs overweight
all other parameters were in specified limits
Answered by Dr. Samik Basu 9 minutes later
Thanks .Both are given for acne and are quite safe.The results are within limits so there is no reason to worry.Please repeat the test after 4 weeks to ascertain whether they are increasing or not.If they are on the rise consult your dermatologist about stopping them.
Thank you
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Pediatrician

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor