Blood test done. What does the finding say?

Dr. Ganesh Sanap

Radiologist

Posted on Wed, 2 Jan 2013 in X-ray, Lab tests and Scans
Question: Dear Doctor,

I am enclosing the Blood Report of my WIFE and request you to go through the same and advise me on the same.

This test is done as general health checkup and not for with a specific reason sir,

Thank and regards,
XXXXXXX
Answered by Dr. Ganesh Sanap 1 hour later

Welcome XXXXXXX

Thanks for writing in. I have seen your reports. Firstly, I want to tell the reports are from authentic laboratory.

Thyroid, liver, blood cells, blood sugar, kidney function, hemoglobin, cholesterol, and calcium levels are completely within normal range. Vitamin B12 and iron are essential for blood cells formation, which are also normal.

Only Vitamin D level is low. It can be corrected in around 6 months. Just consult your physician and start with Vitamin D capsules. Make sure that your wife gets exposure to natural sunlight in morning for at least 15 minutes. Because, Vitamin D is synthesized only in skin.

Another thing is that Erythrocyte sedimentation rate is mildly increased. However, it can be transient. Just repeat this single investigation after 1 month.

Hope I have answered your query. Any follow up are welcome.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Mohammed Kappan
Follow up: Dr. Ganesh Sanap 1 hour later
Thank you Doctor for your quick response and advise.

Could you please explain me “Erythrocyte sedimentation” & is any precaution is necessary sir?
Some times she feels very exhausted and normally she complains for headache, is there any particular reason sir?
I am enclosing again her medical report by highlighting where ever test reports exceed/shortages its normal range (page No 2, 4, 7&10), if possible please advice on the same or can I ignore sir.
Since she has not gone for any tests like ECG/SCAN/ etc, as such is there any other tests are required or this blood test will take care everything Sir?

Sorry to bother you again and once again thank you very much sir,

With kind regards,
XXXXXXX

Dear XXXXXXX welcome back...

We have already discussed reports on pages 7 and 10. Pages 2 and 4 reports are also within normal limits. You can ignore that also.

Erythrocyte sedimentation is response to stress/any inflammation of body like work, exercise etc. As I said previously you can repeat it after 1 month.

For headache, please consult a physician and get basic test done like blood pressure, sinus tenderness, vision problem done. If indicated, then also go for MRI brain. We can be able to deduce the cause of headache and its treatment better with these tests.

Hope your all doubts are answered. Let me know if you have other concerns.
If all your queries are answered, please close this discussion.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad